The Ottawa River Watershed is located along the Ohio-Michigan border and drains parts of Lucas, Fulton, Lenawee, and Monroe Counties. The upstream Ten Mile Creek reach, from the headwaters to the City of Sylvania, has a stable channel with low banks and indistinct valleys and floodplains. Agricultural uses dominate this relatively flat portion of the river. The second and third reaches, below RM 20, are dominated by a mix of residential, commercial, and industrial areas.
- Watershed Area - 180 square miles
- Empties To - Maumee Bay in Lucas County.
- Land Use - 16% woodland, 15% cropland, 53% "other"
- Largest Cities - Toledo and Sylvania.
- Watershed Population - 219,020
- Watershed Counties - Ohio - Lucas and Fulton. Michigan - Lenawee and Monroe.
Studies & Reports